Patient Info / Forms
Are you living with pain? At Health Source Physical Therapy, we are dedicated to helping you identify the cause of your pain and creating a custom treatment program that will allow you to return to normal activities pain-free.
At our Portland physical therapy clinic, we are here to help you enjoy your life, pain-free!
Your first visit
Your initial evaluation involves in-depth examinations of the health and function of a variety of systems relevant to your pains and/or disabilities, including muscular, skeletal, nervous systems (central & peripheral), and more. Our goal is to establish a specific plan of care to address your specific limitations.
Plan for 45-60 minutes. Dress in loose clothes or gym attire. Please bring any/all relevant information to your first appointment. This includes any diagnostic results such as MRI or CT-scan, running shoes, orthotics, full list of medications, or anything else that you believe might be relevant.
What you should expect from your first visit with us:
- You will register with our friendly front office staff. They will help you navigate the insurance process and treatment program so you can focus on your recovery.
- You will meet with our physical therapist for the initial evaluation.
- During the evaluation, your therapist will ask questions about your medical history, current pain, or injury. Open communication helps us understand your problem.
- Your movement, strength, coordination, and much more will be evaluated. Our purpose is to help you, so please ensure you communicate to your therapist if anything is hurting or bothering you during the examination.
- Your therapist will recommend and prepare a course of treatments to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. Your therapist will discuss the recommendations with you.
- There will be some treatments performed the first day to get you started on your road to recovery. However, during the next visit you will get into the full swing of your treatment plan.
- You will schedule your series of visits with the front desk. The amount of therapy needed will be discussed with you, depending on the recommendations of your therapist. We offer many convenient appointment times, however, prime times can become busy, so it is best to book ahead as much as possible.
- Your therapist will write up their findings and treatment plan to submit to your referring physician or another medical professional who you choose.
- If you have any questions at any time, please don’t hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.
How you should prepare for your visit:
- Bring with you a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID.
- If you have a physician’s prescription for physical therapy, then bring that as well.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment.
- Please call your health insurance company to understand your insurance benefits.
- Please call our office to verify your insurance benefits.
- Make a list of questions that you have to discuss on your first visit.
- List signs and symptoms that can be of importance to the therapist.
- Have in writing key past medical history, previous treatments, current medications, and other important information.
Ready to get started? You can fill your new patient forms beforehand!
If you would like to save time on your first visit, please print the following patient documents below, fill them out, and bring them with you to your first appointment.
2020 New Patient Packet
Don’t have time to print them off beforehand? No worries! Simply allow extra time before your appointment to fill them out in our clinic. At Health Source Physical Therapy, we are here to help you get the most out of your visit – contact us today!